Garlic and shrimp are great together!
Also add some broccoli and you have one delicious and healthy meal for tonight.
Always remember that the quantity of garlic you add really depends on your taste. If I cook this dish for me and my kids, I use it moderately.
If it’s just for me and my husband, I almost double the garlic I use.
Ingredients Garlic and Broccoli Shrimp Delight:
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound medium size uncooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
- Salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. peanut oil
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 4 minced cloves garlic
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp. dried ginger
- 1 tsp. onion powder
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Instructions for Garlic and Broccoli Shrimp Delight:
- You can cook everything on the stovetop this time.
- Make the sauce first. Combine the garlic, teriyaki sauce, ginger, onion powder and lemon juice in a small pot and let it simmer.
- In a skillet, heat the peanut oil and start cooking the shrimp and season with salt and pepper as well.
- Steam the broccoli separately. That’s how I like to do it, but you could also just sauté the broccoli with the shrimp if you prefer. I like it a little tenderer.
- Combine the cooked broccoli, shrimp and sauce in the skillet and mix well.
- Serve this excellent dish on rice noodles or egg noodles, with chopped roasted peanuts on top.