I can almost guarantee that you will have a great hit if you make this veggie casserole and add plenty of garlic.
Kids love garlic. They love garlic bread, garlic fries and garlic pasta, so if you add garlic to something they don’t like so much, like certain veggies, you will make it much more edible for them!
Ingredients for Creamy Garlic and Veggie Casserole:
- 2 cups fresh trimmed green beans
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup butter
- 6 minced cloves garlic
- 1 small chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups vegetables broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt, pepper
- Smoked paprika
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Instructions for for Creamy Garlic and Veggie Casserole::
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remember, this is more than an ordinary green bean casserole with fried onions. This casserole is made with fresh ingredients and lots of garlic.
- So, grease a large baking dish and set aside for now.
- In a skillet, heat the butter and cook the mushrooms with garlic and onion. Add the green beans for just a few minutes before setting aside all the veggies. Season with salt and pepper and leave alone for now.
- In a saucepan, combine the sour cream, milk and vegetable broth.
- Time to make the casserole; mix the veggies with the sour cream mixture and pour into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and breadcrumbs on top as well as the smoked paprika.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- This is a great veggie side dish to serve with pork chops or perhaps fish.