Chicken Curry is a very popular dish that originates from India. Its popularity reaches globally because of the unique peppery and spicy tastes. This recipe uses basmati rice, but if not available, you can use naan instead.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Curry:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped medium yellow onion
- 3 minced cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounces) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Basmati rice for serving
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
Directions for Chicken Curry:
- Cut chicken breasts into one-inch pieces, set aside.
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat in a large saucepan.
- Sauté the onion; cook for five minutes and stir until soft.
- Add the chicken, searing for 5 minutes until pinkish color has disappeared.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the chicken and cook for one minute until aromatic.
- Pour the spices and cook for one minute until very aromatic. Stir in tomatoes and pour the broth; simmer.
- Pour the heavy cream; season with pepper and salt. Simmer the mixture for ten minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Serve on top of steamed rice or naan.
- Garnish the chicken with cilantro. Serve hot!