Organic Peanut Butter–Honey Nut Cheerios Balls 5-ingredient dog treats made from items that you probably already have in your pantry! These treats are totally irresistible for puppies!
You already know we’re huge fans of peanut butter in this house. Luciya, our dog, included. These Peanut Butter–Honey Nut Cheerios Balls are some of her favorite treats, but let me tell you what, these homemade peanut butter Cheerio dog treats take the cake away.
When the kids ask for a taste of her goodies, Luciya realizes she’s having something sweet. Believe it or not, these 5-ingredient dog treats are super easy to make and are made from ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and refrigerator!
Makes 50 to 60 bite-size treats
These cookies are soft and slightly crumbly, and they smell wonderfully peanutty! The Cheerios add a unique texture and taste to these cookies.
Ingredients Peanut Butter–Honey Nut Cheerios Balls Dog treat
1⁄4 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
1 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
Instructions Peanut Butter–Honey Nut Cheerios Balls Dog treat
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm the peanut butter in the microwave for about 1 minute, until it’s soft
enough to mix with the other ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the peanut butter, mixing gently but thoroughly.
- Form rounded teaspoons of the dough into balls, squeezing each ball in your
hand to press it all together. This will reduce some crumbling during baking.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool thoroughly, and store in an airtight container.
TREATS AND TIDBITS: AVOIDING WHEAT
If you need to avoid flour or wheat because your dog has allergies, you can use a flour made of
ground quick oats; simply put quick oats in a blender or food processor and grind into a coarse
flour. For more information about making treats for dogs who have allergies, see chapter 5.