My dogs love me. They’ve been missing me a lot lately. They are both magnets to my side if for some excuse, I step in the direction of our doggy treat glass.
Would you like to be famous with your favorite canine group? Do your pups require an important low fat, low carb training tool? Jerky Dog Treats from Turkey are your answer.
Makes 125 to 175 1-inch treats
You can use these treats as special rewards for a dog needing reduced-calorie treats, but they are also tasty enough to use as training treats.
The dogs attending a basic obedience class at Kindred Spirits Dog Training were offered these treats as training rewards, and an entire batch disappeared before the end of the one-hour class!
Ingredients for Easy Turkey Jerky Dog Treats
1 pound ground raw turkey
1 tablespoon light (or low-fat) Italian salad dressing
Instructions Easy Turkey Jerky Dog Treats
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, puree together the raw ground turkey and Italian
salad dressing. You can add a little water to keep the mixture moving in the
blender if needed. Puree until the mixture is a thick paste.
- Spread the mixture over the bottom of a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 2 hours with the oven door slightly open so that moisture can escape.
- Remove from the oven, flip the jerky over, and cut it into one-inch squares.
- Put the squares back on a cookie sheet, return to the oven, and bake for 1 to 2
more hours or until the treats are dry and leathery.
- Remove from the oven, let cool thoroughly, and store in an airtight container in
You got the extra turkey? For a good inexpensive dog food, dry it in turkey jerky! They’ll be loved by your Fido. Using the undesirable leftovers to get a teaching tool.