Makes 25 to 30 3-inch cookies
Zippy, a Wheaten Terrier, is allergic to wheat so must avoid all treats and foods that contain wheat. Zippy, who can also be a little choosy about his treats, readily eats these.
Ingredients for Applesauce Garbanzo Cookies
1⁄3 cup warm water
1 teaspoon dry yeast
1 teaspoon molasses
1 cup flaxseed meal
1 cup potato flour
2 cups gluten-free garbanzo flour
1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2⁄3 cup warm water
1 cup quick oats, for rolling out treats
How to make for Applesauce Garbanzo Cookies dog treat
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the first three ingredients in a small bowl and mix gently. Let this mixture sit
for about 15 minutes to allow the yeast to proof.
- Combine the flaxseed meal, potato flour, and garbanzo flour in a large bowl. Add to this mixture the applesauce, warm water, and yeast mixture. Mix well. When a dough forms, knead the dough for at least 2 minutes and then form it into a ball.
- Sprinkle the quick oats on a breadboard. Roll out the dough in the oats until it is 1⁄4 inch thick.
- Use 3-inch cookie cutters to cut the dough into shapes.
- Place the shapes on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, flip the cookies over, and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool thoroughly, and store in an airtight container.
For crisper treats, when all the cookies have been baked, turn off the oven. Put all the cookies back on a cookie sheet and return them to the oven. Leave them in the cooling oven for several hours or overnight to harden.
My dog Sugar loved this recipe, and I hope that your dog would do too! Please consider commenting . I enjoy hearing from you!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a delicious day