Makes 15 to 17 11⁄2-inch cookies
These treats can be great fun because they’re really easy to make, and you can hide all kinds of treats inside the dough. For Halloween, decorate them with jack-o’-lantern faces; for other holidays, use different designs.
Ingredients for Halloween Hidden Treats For Dog
2 cans refrigerated pizza crust
1⁄4 cup canned cooked pumpkin puree
1 hot dog, sliced horizontally
1⁄4 cup beef, cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
1⁄4 cup cheese, diced into 1⁄2-inch cubes
How to make Halloween Hidden Treats For Dog
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Take one can of pizza crust out of the can and place it on a lightly floured breadboard. Carefully (without ripping it) stretch the dough to about 1⁄4 inch thick.
3. Use a round cookie or biscuit cutter about 11⁄2 inches in diameter to cut out as many cookies as you can from that dough. Form the leftover dough into a ball, knead it, and then roll it out again and cut more circles from it.
4. Place the circles on a greased cookie sheet.
5. Place a tidbit in the middle of each cookie — one piece of meat, one piece of cheese or hot dog, or 1⁄4 teaspoon of canned pumpkin.
6. Open the second can of pizza crust, stretch the dough, and cut out the same number of 11⁄2 inch circles you cut out in step 3. These are the tops to your cookies.
7. Place each circle on top of a tidbit and bottom cookie and seal the edges by using the tines of a fork to press the two pieces of dough together.
8. Use a sharp pointed knife (such as a paring knife) to carefully cut a jack-o’-lantern
face into the top of each cookie. Some faces can be happy, some scowling, some scary — just make them look like Halloween pumpkins.
9. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven, let cool thoroughly, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.